Persistent storage

John Meacham john@repetae.net
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:55:18 -0700

that is exactly what I implemented in ginsu
http://repetae.net/john/computer/ginsu/

an MVar contains the current puff history, which s dumped to disk
periodically if it has changed since the last dump, it relys on using
DrIFT to derive a Binary instance for [Puff] and concurrency to spawn
off a thread that does nothing but dump it to disk periodically. I also
have some code to insure errors don't corrupt the file like atomically
overwriting it with a rename.
        John