storing to a file

Mark Carroll mark@chaos.x-philes.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:56:24 -0500 (EST)

On 14 Nov 2002, Johan Steunenberg wrote:

> thanks for your advice, I guess it sweetens the situation, though I
> really would like to know how to store in a binary format.

http://www.pms.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/mitarbeiter/panne/haskell_libs/Binary.html
might be interesting for you. Actually, "deriving binary" would be a nice
thing to have in general - even more, a way to add your own "deriving"
things from within Haskell, although I have no idea how such a thing would
work.

http://www.pms.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/forschung/haskell-wish-list/items.php3?sort=p&mono=y
seems to be a bit broken at the moment so I don't know if that relates to
any proposed extensions. Are there any pages that summarise what people
have learned from trying out already-implemented extensions, to help get
an idea what the next Haskell will be like, or what ideas to try next? For
instance, I expect to see some concurrency and exceptions, multi-parameter
type classes, etc. make it through.

-- Mark