toEnum with international chars

Eray Ozkural erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Tue, 28 May 2002 15:34:36 +0300

On Tuesday 28 May 2002 13:32, Alastair Reid wrote:
> Can you explain your problem more clearly?  I'm struggling to
> understand what was wrong given only a fragment of the program, none
> of the input and only an indication of where the problem lies in the
> output but not what that problem is.
>
> [This probably won't affect the answer though - which will probably be
> an admission that most Haskell compilers don't support international
> characters properly.]

Oh, my bad, I think I gave a wrong list there. 66 is of course 'B', I was a
little sleepless at the time of writing. Now having enjoyed a few hours of
sleep I can express more eloquently :)

It seems to be the fourth character that is the problem, but then again that's
my mistake. Thank you.

Still it attracts my attention that I cannot type þ in ghci while I can type
it in bash. I think I can't type any of those international chars in ghc.
Maybe some bug fix is in order.

Regards,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>