Editor Tab Expansion

Andrew J Bromage ajb@spamcop.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:38:37 +1100

G'day all.

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 06:36:22PM -0800, Ashley Yakeley wrote:

> Haven't we all been through this argument several months ago? I believe
> the conclusion was "people have different preferences, and Haskell allows
> for that".

Sure, but that's a separate issue.

My remark was merely in response to the claim that Haskell cares
whether you put tabs or spaces in your files.  It does not, so long
as the tabs are of length 8.  If your editor produces tabs of a
different size, that's a problem with your editor or the way you
dislike Haskell's layout rules.

Or, to look at it another way, there are better reasons to dislike
Haskell's layout rules than this.

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage