Question about use of | in a class declaration

Andrew J Bromage ajb@spamcop.net
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:34:38 +1000

G'day all.

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 02:46:16PM -0400, Mark Carroll wrote:

> One issue we have here is that any Haskell we write is stuff we'll
> probably want to keep using for a while so, although we've only just got
> most of the bugs out of the H98 report, I'll certainly watch with interest
> as people come to a consensus about multi-parameter typeclasses,
> concurrency libraries, etc. and such things start to look very much like
> they'll be fixed in the next round of standardisation. It's hard to know
> which are experiments that ultimately will be shunned in favour of
> something else, and which are just all-round good ideas. (-:

Apart from the mailing lists, there are two forums which are sort
of used for this.

One is the wiki:

	http://haskell.org/wiki/wiki?HaskellTwo

...which, as those of us who use it regularly know, is down at
the moment.  The other is the Haskell Wish List:

	http://www.pms.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/forschung/haskell-wish-list/

...which has also been down for some time.

Clearly whichever malevolent forces are responsible for downtime
don't want Haskell to evolve. :-)

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage