Question about use of | in a class declaration

Mark Carroll mark@chaos.x-philes.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:46:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Christian Sievers wrote:
(snip)
> It might not have become clear from the previous answers:
> this construction is not Haskell 98, but an extension.
> That's why it's not in the report.
(snip)

One issue we have here is that any Haskell we write is stuff we'll
probably want to keep using for a while so, although we've only just got
most of the bugs out of the H98 report, I'll certainly watch with interest
as people come to a consensus about multi-parameter typeclasses,
concurrency libraries, etc. and such things start to look very much like
they'll be fixed in the next round of standardisation. It's hard to know
which are experiments that ultimately will be shunned in favour of
something else, and which are just all-round good ideas. (-:

-- Mark