Just for your fun and horror

Hamilton Richards ham@cs.utexas.edu
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:29:56 -0600

At 21:24 -0600 2001-02-16, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> ... Haskell could have benefited from using a word such
>as
>
> produce 10
>
>to say that a function produces a 10 and a store or whatever.

In my classes, I use the term "deliver". This is the first semester I've
gone as deeply into monads, so it's a bit early to say how well this
terminology works.

--HR

Hamilton Richards, PhD           Department of Computer Sciences
Senior Lecturer                  Mail Code C0500
512-471-9525                     The University of Texas at Austin
Taylor Hall 5.138                Austin, Texas 78712-1188
ham@cs.utexas.edu