Typing units correctly

andrew@andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk andrew@andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:02:24 +0000

Hi,

I don't know if this is useful, but in response to a link to that
article that I posted on Lambda, someone posted a link arguing that
such an approach (at least in Ada) was impractical.  To be honest, I
don't find it very convincing, but I haven't been following this
discussion in detail.  It might raise some problems you have not
considered.

Anyway, if you are interested, it's all at
http://lambda.weblogs.com/discuss/msgReader$818

Apologies if it's irrelevant or you've already seen it,
Andrew

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 01:51:54PM -0500, Dylan Thurston wrote:
[...]
> The papers I could find (e.g.,
> http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/kennedy94dimension.html, "Dimension Types")
> mention extensions to ML.  I wonder if it is possible to work within
> the Haskell type system, which is richer than ML's type system.
[...]

--
http://www.andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk/index.html