GHCi (was Re: Mixture of Integer and Float arithmetic without "fromIntegral "?)

Ross Paterson ross@soi.city.ac.uk
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:07:21 +0000

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 12:37:59AM -0800, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> (GHCi is the revised Plan.)
>
> Incidentally, GHCi is just about working.  It acts as a compiler
> with a built-in 'make' too.  This is good, not because it figures out
> dependencies, which is easy, but because it remembers the results of one
> compilation for the next.  This about doubles the speed of compilation
> for large systems.  Mixed interpreted/compiled code is on the way.

Will it be easy to add support for preprocessors?

Classic Hugs has a flag -F for specifying a preprocessor for all source
files, and I've hacked an option to redefine the set of source file
suffixes.  Then the preprocessor can be written to do different things
depending on the suffix.  Is this sort of thing compatible with GHCi?