Mixture of Integer and Float arithmetic without "fromIntegral "?

Fri, 8 Dec 2000 00:37:59 -0800

| > OK, OK, I've just added -fno-monomorphism-restriction to GHC.
| Great! Will there also be a similar option for Stg Hugs?

Yes.  But it'll be GHCi, the interactive version of GHC, rather than STG
(GHCi is the revised Plan.)

Incidentally, GHCi is just about working.  It acts as a compiler with a
built-in 'make'
too.  This is good, not because it figures out dependencies, which is easy,
because it remembers the results of one compilation for the next.  This
doubles the speed of compilation for large systems.  Mixed
interpreted/compiled code
is on the way.