[GUI] Common GUI API : What would the code look like?

Nick Name nick.name@inwind.it
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 03:20:43 +0100

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:35:39 +0000
Glynn Clements <glynn.clements@virgin.net> wrote:

> 1. Widgets aren't being given names. This makes it impossible to refer
>  to them from outside of the code. It also eliminates the possibility
>  of implementing a useable Xt (e.g. Motif) backend. Toolkits which
>  don't name widgets can just ignore the name.

Apart from the fact that I would like names for widget as an added
comfort, why do you have to name widget to implement them in Xt?
Couldn't you just use a unique string generator and wrap the names into
an ADT? I apologize if the question is stupid.

Vincenzo