[GUI] GUI meeting at ICFP?

Nick Name nick.name@inwind.it
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:53:06 +0200

Il 09:47, giovedì 24 luglio 2003, Axel Simon ha scritto:
> For me the creation of a Common GUI API is still a goal,
> despite the fact that the discussion went quiet during the
> last months (due to high work load and motivation, at least
> on my side).

We are all involved in university, and university makes you busy right in
may/june/july, and in august people go on holiday. In september I am sure
that the work will continue.

In hintsight this was a very negative
> development as it encouraged people to follow their own
> convictions and implement their ideas in the hope that their
> approach is adopted by the masses.

I see that only Daan worked this summer, and wxwindows bindings are just a
good thing. I don't think anybody is still willing to make the CGA his own
way :)

> In will try to propose some API to create application
> windows which complies to the CGA goals. This could give
> more food for further discussions and the viability of the
> CGA approach.

Given the fact that htoolkit, gtk*hs and wxhaskell are active projects, I
think that we should try to abstract a common API from these three libraries,
and to make this API comply to the CGA goals. Or else just surrender to the
fact that wxwindows is easier, and that they have done the same work we
should do, I don't know.

Vincenzo