Resource Files (Was: Re: [GUI] More points for the technical discussion)

Seth Kurtzberg seth@cql.com
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:40:44 -0700

On Sunday 16 February 2003 03:25 pm, Wolfgang Thaller wrote:

> Agreed. However, the general consensus (correct me if I'm wrong) seems
> to be that we shouldn't use platform-specific resource files.
> When we have an API for programmatical creation of the UI, we can
> implement a library for  platform-independent resource files on top of
> that.

I would phrase it slightly differently.  We should have a platform-independent
API related to resources, which in some cases may use underlying capabilities
of the target O/S.