Language extension histories

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 17:07:11 UTC 2020

I'm working on some code I want to be compatible with multiple GHC versions
and I'm trying to figure out which language extensions I can reasonably
use. I definitely need usable fancy pattern synonyms (not the bare-bones
ones in 7.8). So that should set a lower bound, but I don't remember where.
7.10? 8.0? I'd also *like* to use an injective type family, but I can work
around that pretty easily with a data family if necessary. When did
PatternSynonyms and TypeFamilyDependencies each become reasonably usable?