Open up the issues tracker on ghc-proposals

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed May 2 08:12:41 UTC 2018

|  > Sometimes, a language extension idea could benefit from
|  some community discussion before it's ready for a formal proposal.
|
|  Can I point out it's not only ghc developers who make proposals. I'd
|  rather you post this idea more widely.

The Right Thing is surely for the main GHC proposals pave
	https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals
to describe how you can up a "pre-proposal".  That is, document
the entire process in one, easy to find, place.

Mind you, I'm unclear about the distinction between a pre-proposal
and a proposal.  Both are drafts that invite community discussion,
prior to submitting to the committee for decision.

Simon