Unable to compile ghc-8.2.2 with ghc-8.4.3

amindfv at gmail.com amindfv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 16:05:56 UTC 2018

(I haven't actually done this, but:) If you want to be able to install GHC without any GHC binary, I think you'd have to start with an ancient version of GHC which wasn't itself written in Haskell, and build successive versions (skipping as many as possible) until you had a GHC which supported all the language features the most-recent version requires.

If you did embark on this, it would be nice if you could report back with a minimal number of steps it takes to get to current GHC!

Tom