Unable to compile ghc-8.2.2 with ghc-8.4.3

Sam Halliday sam.halliday at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 13:01:24 UTC 2018

Hi Ben,

What is the recommended way to build old versions of GHC? The
haskell.org binaries for, e.g. 7.8.3, do not work on my machine. If I
attempt to recompile ghc 7.8.3 with the haskell.org binary, I get
linkage errors.

Actually I'd love to be able to bootstrap a build without any ghc
installed... that would solve the problem. I heard about the "phase0"
approach from Vitaly Bragilevsky at his Lambdaconf talk this year. But
I've been unable to find any documentation about it.

Best regards,
Sam