Rewrite rules involving LHS lambda?

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 20:20:43 UTC 2017

I don't knw of a formal writeup anywhere.

But does that actually mean what you are trying to write?

With the effective placement of "forall" quantifiers on the outside for u
and v I'd assume that x didn't occur in either u or v. Effectively you have
some scope like forall u v. exists x. ...

Under that view, the warnings are accurate, and the rewrite is pretty
purely syntactic.

I don't see how we could write using our current vocabulary that which you
want.