ApplicativeDo

Thomas Bereknyei tomberek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 13:31:10 UTC 2015

I guess it is not broken, just that it has no maintainer.

Regardless, is there any traction for an "ado" language extension? The
ApplicativeDo proposal advocates for a "do" that automatically downgrades
to Applicative, but that may be too much or powerful. Opt-in via "ado"
might be the right answer.

In a somewhat related/unrelated question. Is there a mechanism to fork an
Arrow into a separate thread? I would assume it would end up looking like:

forkArrow :: Arrow a => a b c -> Chan b -> Chan c -> IO ()
or perhaps :: Arrow a => a b c -> Chan b -> IO (Chan c)

Is there any way to manipulate the (Input, Output) pair as an arrow itself
along with other arrows that have been "forked".

-Tom