ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.10.1 Release Candidate 2

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 15:10:23 UTC 2015

Thanks Eric, I have the same problem with this as the RC2 I build from
source, i.e. Mac specific bug https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/10053
:

error in ghci calling main after loading compiled code -- Too late for
parseStaticFlags: call it before runGhc or runGhcT

I  have a file mainbug.hs that consists of

main =
    print "hello"

I can reproduce it as follows:

 ghc -dynamic mainbug.hs
[1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( mainbug.hs, mainbug.o )
Linking mainbug ...
bash-3.2$ ghci
GHCi, version 7.10.0.20150123: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help
Prelude> :load mainbug
Ok, modules loaded: Main.
Prelude Main> :show modules
Main             ( mainbug.hs, mainbug.o )
Prelude Main> main
Too late for parseStaticFlags: call it before runGhc or runGhcT
*** Exception: ExitFailure 1

rm mainbug.o
bash-3.2$ ghci
GHCi, version 7.10.0.20150123: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help
Prelude> :load mainbug
[1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( mainbug.hs, interpreted )
Ok, modules loaded: Main.
*Main> main
"hello"

Can anybody else reproduce this bug on their Mac?