SIMD

Dominic Steinitz dominic at steinitz.org
Mon Apr 13 13:05:25 UTC 2015

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the update. I found this https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/blog/weekly20141020

> Geoff Mainland stepped up and fixed Data Parallel Haskell to work with a new version of vector and GHC. Austin had disabled DPH a few weeks prior due to its difficulty to upgrade, and divergent source trees. With 7.10, GHC will hopefully ship a more modern vector and dph to boot.

From what you say this has been superseded?

Also seems that this page  https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/SIMD <https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/SIMD> should be updated and if I knew what it should say I would volunteer to update it.

A bit of background on why I am asking these questions: I am working on a Monte Carlo simulation and performance is a key issue. We are using parallelisation to good effect (after some interesting issues with thread affinity https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/10229 <https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/10229>) but I am trying to understand what other options might be available to speed things up.

Dominic Steinitz
dominic at steinitz.org
http://idontgetoutmuch.wordpress.com