GHC 7.4.2 on Ubuntu Trusty

Ryan Trinkle ryan.trinkle at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 11:20:08 UTC 2014

Here's an off-the-wall solution idea: you could try the Nix package
manager.  It essentially sandboxes everything all the time, so you
shouldn't have any trouble with dependencies like this, and ghc 7.4.2 is
explicitly supported.  Of course, if your requirements include tight apt
integration, this won't help; but if you just need to get things running
reliably "somehow", I think Nix can handle it.

Feel free to message me off-list for more details.

Ryan