Discovery of source dependencies without --make

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Nov 25 10:29:14 UTC 2014

Dear Lars,

Am Dienstag, den 25.11.2014, 10:36 +0100 schrieb Lars Hupel:
> The invocation is similar to this:
>
> ghc -c -outputdir "$OUT"          -XTrustworthy Library.hs
> ghc -c -outputdir "$OUT" -i"$OUT" -XSafe "$SUBMISSION"
> ghc -c -outputdir "$OUT" -i"$OUT" Test_Suite.hs
> ghc    -outputdir "$OUT" -i"$OUT" -o "$OUT/runner"

the only reason you do these in individual steps is that you need to
pass different flags, or are there other reasons?

Have you tried putting the pragma {-# LANGUAGE Safe #-} as the first
line into the submission file? I’m not sure how safe that actually is,
but at least

        {-# LANGUAGE Safe #-}
        {-# LANGUAGE Trustworthy #-}
        module Foo where

        import Unsafe.Coerce

is rejected by 7.6.3. This way, it could work with a single invocation
of --make.

Greetings,
Joachim

--