ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.8.1 Release Candidate 1

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Tue Feb 4 06:38:30 UTC 2014

Just to note a problem I encountered on Windows, which may well be user
error.

I unpacked the mingw tarball and added the bin directory from it to my
path. cabal install then failed with "cabal.exe: does not exist" after
producing some other output.

Running with -v3 suggested that the actual problem was that the ld on my
path couldn't read the .o files produced by GHC. I changed my path to
also include the mingw\bin directory from the tarball, and then all was
fine.