ANNOUNCE: GHC version 7.8.1

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 19:12:17 UTC 2014

Thank you Michael,

It is not clear how to install the latest cabal under Windows.
Apparently cabal cannot install itself (cabal install cabal), so
I tried simply downloading cabal.exe from the cabal site and
placing it in my path. cabal --version shows the correct version
(1.18), but when I try 'cabal install cabal-install' I get:

setup-Cabal-1.18.1.3_x86_64-windows-ghc-7.8.1.exe: does not exist

MSYS did fix the configure issues with network (before I updated
cabal as above), and I did clear out my old cabal and ghc folders.

Thanks,
Dominick