ANNOUNCE: GHC version 7.8.1

Michael Steele mikesteele81 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 16:03:17 UTC 2014

Dominick,

I don't know what error you ran into, but here are a few tips:

 * The "network" package requires configure, so you will likely need to
install it from an MSYS prompt.

 * Make sure your existing cabal executable is version 1.18 or higher.
Execute `cabal --version` and `ghc --version` to make sure older versions
are not being found. Because of the way Windows handles paths you may have
to specify the full path to cabal.exe

 * Delete your %appdata%\ghc and %appdata%\cabal folders, then run `cabal
update`. This will clear out any previous cabal packages you may have
already installed.

-- Michael Steele