GHC API: modInfoIsExportedName, String -> Name?

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 11:41:30 UTC 2013

Hi Ranjit,

unfortunately both versions don't seem to work.

> parseName :: GhcMonad m => String -> m [Name]

This version yields an exception - I can't remember the exact text - but
something like symbol not found.

> hscParseIdentifier :: HscEnv -> String -> IO (Located RdrName)
> tcRnLookupRdrName :: HscEnv -> RdrName -> IO (Messages, Maybe [Name])

By this version the returned names by tcRnLookupRdrName are empty and
also the returned messages are empty, or 'printBagOfErrors' doesn't
output anything for them.

Greetings,
Daniel