any successfull ghc registerised builds on arm?

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at singpolyma.net
Sat Jan 19 07:32:31 CET 2013

Somebody claiming to be Stephen Paul Weber wrote:
>Somebody claiming to be Nathan Hüsken wrote:
>>Was that an registerised or unregisterised build?
>>Did anyone succesfully build ghc on an arm system which produces non
>>crashing executables?
>
>Just finally got a BB10 device set up so I can test my cross-compiler on
>the ARM
>
>I'm about to try a configuration with --enable-unregisterised to see if
>that helps.

make -r --no-print-directory -f ghc.mk phase=final all
"inplace/bin/ghc-stage1" -static  -H64m -O0 -fasm    -package-name integer-simple-0.1.1.0 -hide-all-packages -i -ilibraries/integer-simple/. -ilibraries/integer-simple/dist-install/build -ilibraries/integer-simple/dist-install/build/autogen -Ilibraries/integer-simple/dist-install/build -Ilibraries/integer-simple/dist-install/build/autogen -Ilibraries/integer-simple/.    -optP-include -optPlibraries/integer-simple/dist-install/build/autogen/cabal_macros.h -package ghc-prim-0.3.1.0  -package-name integer-simple -Wall -XHaskell98 -XCPP -XMagicHash -XBangPatterns -XUnboxedTuples -XForeignFunctionInterface -XUnliftedFFITypes -XNoImplicitPrelude -O -fasm  -no-user-package-db -rtsopts      -odir libraries/integer-simple/dist-install/build -hidir libraries/integer-simple/dist-install/build -stubdir libraries/integer-simple/dist-install/build -hisuf hi -osuf  o -hcsuf hc -c libraries/integer-simple/./GHC/Integer/Type.hs -o libraries/integer-simple/dist-install/build/GHC/Integer/Type.o

when making flags consistent: Warning:
     Compiler unregisterised, so compiling via C
/tmp/ghc25891_0/ghc25891_0.hc: In function 'c2pA_entry':

/tmp/ghc25891_0/ghc25891_0.hc:3691:1:
      warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90 [enabled by default]

/tmp/ghc25891_0/ghc25891_0.hc:3691:17:
      error: expected ')' before numeric constant
make[1]: *** [libraries/integer-simple/dist-install/build/GHC/Integer/Type.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I think I can configure it to use unregistered LLVM, so I'm off to try that,
but this seems like a bug.

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted