any successfull ghc registerised builds on arm?

Stefan Kersten sk at
Mon Jan 14 18:57:21 CET 2013

hi nathan,

On Jan 14, 2013, at 6:15 PM, Nathan Hüsken <nathan.huesken at> wrote:
> Did anyone succesfully build ghc on an arm system which produces non
> crashing executables?
> I am asking, because I build a arm-linux-androideabi cross compiler, but
> the executables crash.
> Only in an unregisterised build, they work.
> So I wonder if it is a general arm problem or has to do with android.

stephen blackheath's ghc port to iOS cross compiles to armv7 [1] (using llvm, registerised, i assume?). see [2] for a list of libraries i've built and run on iOS. here [3] is some info on cross compiling for blackberry arm (QNX). maybe it would be worthwhile asking on the iphone mailing list [4], too?