GHC on OpenIndiana

asyropoulos at asyropoulos at
Sun Sep 16 15:07:56 CEST 2012

 Dear Developers,

   I am trying to compile the GHC on OpenIndiana (essentially Solaris
11).  I follow the steps in

and here is what I get:

$ ./distrib/hc-build --prefix=/opt/gnu/ghcb --enable-hc-boot
*** Building compiler...
checking for gfind... /usr/bin/gfind
checking for sort... /opt/gnu/bin/sort
checking for ghc... no
checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11
checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11
checking target system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11
HOST: i386-pc-solaris2.11
Can't work out build platform

Not e that contains a section on Solaris:

case $host in
     # here we go with the test
     MINOR=`uname -r|cut -d '.' -f 2-`
     if test "$MINOR" -lt "11"; then

For whatever the reason I  "need to update to recognise
the new architecture, and re-generate configure with autoreconf"
but I have no idea what exactly to add. There is no template inside to
help me. Could you please let me know what should I do to

Thank you in advance for your help/suggestions.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece