Building GHC for BB10 (QNX)

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at singpolyma.net
Sat Nov 10 20:53:39 CET 2012

Hey all,

I'm interesting in trying to get an initial port for BlackBerry 10 (QNX)
going.  It's a POSIXish environment with primary interest in two
architechtures: x86 (for simulator) and ARMv7 (for devices).

I'm wondering if <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/Porting>
is fairly up-to-date or not?  Is there a better place I should be looking?

One big difference (which may turn out to be a problem) is that the
readily-available QNX compilers (gcc ports) are cross-compilers.  I realise
that GHC has no good support to act as a cross-compiler yet, and anticipate
complications arising from trying to build GHC using a cross-compiler for
bootstrapping (since that implies GHC acting as a cross-compiler at some
point in the bootstrapping).

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma