ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.4.2 Release Candidate 1

Chris Dornan chris at
Fri May 18 23:46:37 CEST 2012

I have built 7.4.2-rc1 on CentOS5, CentOS6 and Fedora Core 16 without a

I am testing it with the provisional 2021.2.0.0 platform (currently slated
to use 7.4.1).

CentOS packages for 7.4.2-rc1 and its companion 2012.2.0.0-beta2 are up at; the FC16 packages and some notes/instructions to follow

-----Original Message-----
From: glasgow-haskell-users-bounces at
[mailto:glasgow-haskell-users-bounces at] On Behalf Of Ian Lynagh
Sent: 16 May 2012 11:05
To: glasgow-haskell-users at
Subject: ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.4.2 Release Candidate 1

We are pleased to announce the first release candidate for GHC 7.4.2:

This includes the source tarball, installers for OS X and Windows, and
bindists for amd64/Linux, i386/Linux, amd64/FreeBSD and i386/FreeBSD.

Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
before the release!

Ian, on behalf of the GHC team

Glasgow-haskell-users mailing list
Glasgow-haskell-users at