Why I Want Global Field Names (By Default)

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 17:22:36 CET 2012

On 05/03/2012 11:06, AntC wrote:
> Gershom Bazerman<gershomb<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>
>>      ...  If everyone finds this agreeable (and I can
>>      imagine no reason they wouldn't!) ...
>
> That's a misleading remark: you're asking people to agree to a half-baked and
> sketchy proposal.

I wonder if we might all stop and take a deep breath at this point.  The
debate is getting a little more heated than we're used to on this
mailing list.

There's lots of great discussion going on, and sadly for myself I think
I'm missing a lot of the fine details of the debate because of the
volume.  So can I ask people to take a little more time when concocting
their replies, read it over a couple of times, see if it can't be
condensed a bit - and above all, let's be civilized.  This is Haskell,
and we're proud of our community.