Creating stubs statically

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 22:11:41 CEST 2012

Hi Paolo,

I agree that this would be useful.  In fact, a couple of years ago I
implemented this in GHC, but after some discussion folks were not convinced
that it's a good idea.  I don't remember the details but as far as I recall
we "agreed to disagree" :-)   The e-mail thread is over here:

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/2010-March/018575.html

The patch should be there too, but I suspect that GHC has moved on since
than, but perhaps there's still something useful there.

-Iavor