Call to arms: lambda-case is stuck and needs your help

Twan van Laarhoven twanvl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 17:38:04 CEST 2012

On 05/07/12 17:22, wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu wrote:
> Well, for what it's worth, my vote goes for a multi-argument \case. I find the
> comment on the wiki page about mistyping "\case Just x" instead of "\case (Just
> x)" a lot a bit disingenuous, since you already need these parens with today's
> lambda.

But you don't need parentheses with today's case. I.e. you write

     \x -> case v of
             Just x -> y
             Nothing -> z

then you would also expect to be able to write

     \case
             Just x -> y
             Nothing -> z

And \case looks more like case than like lambda, particularly because it uses
layout.

As for single argument \case, I don't really see the need for it, but I am not
against. So I'll abstain from voting.

Twan