ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.4.1 Release Candidate 2

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at
Mon Jan 30 09:06:27 CET 2012

7.4.1 RC2 shows the same issue like recent HEAD on ARM/Linux platform: a
lot of (I don't know if not all) threaded1 testcases fail with:

GEq1: internal error: ASSERTION FAILED: file rts/Schedule.c, line 506

     (GHC version for arm_unknown_linux)
     Please report this as a GHC bug:

As I said, this is recent breakage. AFAIK 7.4.1RC1 was OK from this
point of view and also HEAD at least in October/November 2011 (here I'm
not 100% sure about Nov) was also OK.

Simon M already asked me for providing him more information about this
issue with some guidance what to do. I will do this shortly.