ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.4.1 Release Candidate 2

Austin Seipp at
Sat Jan 28 06:10:26 CET 2012

I too was seeing this with RC1, but I haven't tried RC2. Looking at
the commits on the 7.4 branch, I don't see anything that would have
likely affected/fixed it, so I speculate I'll see the same thing with
RC2. I'll try tonight and report back.

I will note that manually built copies of HEAD work just dandy. I do
wonder if it's a problem with the binary distribution itself, as
opposed to some bug fix that didn't get merged into 7.4. I wonder if I
built my own copy and binary-dist of 7.4 if GHCi would segfault or not
- this would indicate it being a problem with the binary distribution
if it doesn't (which sucks, as it means you have to compile it

Ian, can I ask what the procedure would be to check out the 7.4 branch
of GHC and all the associated libraries to try this out? I'm not
familiar with all the `sync-all`-fu, but I speculate it's what'll do
it. :)