ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.4.1 Release Candidate 2

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 05:57:35 CET 2012

Unfortunately ghci still segfaults for me most times (the previous
release candidate did too).  Anyone else seeing this?  What should I
do to troubleshoot?

OS X 10.6.8, using GHC-7.4.0.20120126-x86_64.pkg

I'll try GHC-7.4.0.20120126-i386.pkg in a bit, but I probably do need
the 64 bit version, previously I had to hassle around with the 32bit
version because it didn't want to link with all the other 64 bit
compiled code.

Also, I notice that the ghc, ghci, ghc-pkg, and haddock links are all
versioned, but not hsc2hs.  hsc2hs is also highly dependent on the ghc
version so it should be versioned too!  I suppose this is for the mac
package maintainer (Mark M, that's you, right?).  What I mean by
versioned is that the other binaries have a ghc and then a
ghc-$version link, so I can switch ghc versions by running a little
shell script.  But for hsc2hs I have to create the hsc2h-$version link
first.  Not a big deal, just a minor quibble.