ghc-cabal-Random

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 13:51:39 CET 2012

I haven't entirely followed this and I see that it's been split over
multiple threads.

Did "cabal install random" actually fail for you under
ghc-7.4.0.20111219?  If so I'd love to know about it as the maintainer
of the "random" package.  (It seems to work for me for
random-1.0.1.1.)

That said, I'm sure AC-random is a fine alternative, and there are
many other packages on Hackage as well, including cryptographic
strength ones (crypto-api, intel-aes, etc).

Cheers,
  -Ryan