ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.6.2 Release Candidate 1

Sean Leather leather at
Mon Dec 10 16:04:34 CET 2012

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Ian Lynagh wrote:

> Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
> before the release!

I tried to build the source tarball on Mac OS X 10.5.8. I used GHC 7.6.1,
which I also built myself (without any problem) and installed in
/Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Versions/7.6.1/usr. I got this:

  HC [stage 0] ghc/stage1/build/hschooks.o

     error: conflicting types for ‘StackOverflowHook’

     error: previous declaration of ‘StackOverflowHook’ was here
make[1]: *** [ghc/stage1/build/hschooks.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2