proposal: separate lists for ghc-cvs commits and ghc-dev chatter

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at
Thu Dec 6 03:52:31 CET 2012

Carter Schonwald wrote:

> hey all,
> It seems to me (and i've certainly heard other people echo this sentiment)
> that: ghc dev chatting gets buried in the huge volume of commit + build
> report emails, and that creates (perhaps) another barrier to involvement in
> ghc dev at the hobbyist (rather than part time/full time ) scale?
> So my question for the community (and of course current ghc devs )
> 1) do others agree that theres value in separating the two?
> 2) would this just be another use  of the ghc-users list or would it be
> worth having a ghc-dev list?
> 3) most importantly, would the folks actively involved in ghc dev be
> willing/able to  do so?

This is a good idea, one that I have solved at my end using Procmail.

So even though I have solved it for me, I still approve of this suggestion
since it seems silly to push this to the receiver's end when it could so
easily be solved by having separate lists.

Erik de Castro Lopo