build failures when hiding non-visible imports

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at
Sun Aug 19 17:22:11 CEST 2012

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Carter Schonwald <
carter.schonwald at> wrote:

> meaning: flags for treating it as a warning vs as an error?  (pardon, i'm
> over thinking ambiguity in phrasing).
> if thats the desired difference, that sounds good to me!

I would expect it means that, having demoted it to a warning, we would have
-fwarn-hiding-no-target / -fno-warn-hiding-no-target (or whatever we call
it) as with all other warnings.

For warning vs. error, it seems to me that should be more general:  perhaps
taking any of the -f[no-]warn-* options and replacing "warn" with "err".

brandon s allbery                                      allbery.b at