Request for comments on proposal for literate programming using markdown

Simon Hengel sol at typeful.net
Thu Aug 9 16:26:45 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 01:07:10PM +0000, Philip Holzenspies wrote:
> I have looked at pandoc and I use it for quite a few things.

Just to clarify, I was not talking about pandoc, but pandoc-unlit (which
uses pandoc to unlit Markdown, see the README [1]).

> However, it's a bit of an overspec'd package to link into the
> compiler, don't you think?

I did not mean to modify the Compiler.  Unliting is done by an external
program.  This already allows you to customize unliting [2].

[1] https://github.com/sol/pandoc-unlit#readme
[2] http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/options-phases.html#replacing-phases