Making a small GHC installation

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 20:02:04 CEST 2011

Hello,

Does anyone have any advice about how I might make a smallish GHC installation?

The context is that I need to make a demo VM, which has a limited
amount of space, and I'd like to have GHC installed on the system but
the default GHC installation (~700MB) does not fit.  The installation
does not need to be complete---I don't need documentation, or
profiling, or Template Haskell---and I only need to install a fairly
limited set of libraries, just enough to build my project.  I'd be
happy to build a custom version of GHC, if that's the easiest way to
achieve the goal.

So, if you have experience doing something similar, or you know of
what might be the best way to approach the problem, advice would be
most welcome!

-Iavor