behaviour change in getDirectoryContents in GHC 7.2?

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at
Wed Nov 2 17:19:15 CET 2011

On 2 November 2011 13:53, Max Bolingbroke <batterseapower at> wrote:
> I think the only way to fix this last case in general is to fix iconv
> itself, so I'm going to see if I can get a patch upstream. Fixing it
> for people with UTF-8 locales should be enough for 99% of users,
> though.

One last update on this: I've found the cause of the problem in the
GNU iconv source code and submitted a bug report.

I've also found out that with my patch the problem should be fixed in
almost every cases (not just 99%!) because GNU iconv will correctly
reject surrogates in the UTF32le<->locale encoding conversion process
with EILSEQ for every non-UTF8 locale encoding that I looked at - even
UTF16 and UTF32!

So in conclusion I think this issue is totally fixed. Please let me
know if you encounter any other problems.


More information about the Glasgow-haskell-users mailing list