a message from Tokyo

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Sun Mar 13 07:17:05 CET 2011

Hello,

First of all, I thank those who sent me a message. Though many events
are canceled, Tokyo is just the usual today.

> I guess some of you have been to Sendai which is a central town of
> North-east of Japan. The situation of Sendai is really really bad. I'm
> concerning whether or not people of Tohoku University are safe. Thanks
> to twitter, Eijiro Sumii, who is the chair of ICPF 2011 programming
> contest is safe.

I should correct this information. The central city of Sendai was not
attacked by Tsunami. But the airport was destroyed since it is much
closer to the coast.

As you may know, the nuclear energy plants in Fukushima are in severe
situation. I hope they will stop safely.

We Japanese feel that people living all over the world are with
us. Thank you.

--Kazu