ghc-7.0.2 on macports wanted

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at
Thu Mar 10 15:58:59 CET 2011

Am 10.03.2011 15:52, schrieb Don Stewart:
> Does MacPorts still interact badly with libiconv? (The system and
> MacPorts versions out of sync, making Haskell unbuildable unless in
> MacPorts).

ghc from macports was build against macports's iconv, which works fine
with gtk2 from macports.

The official ghc is linked and links against /usr/lib/libiconv.dylib,
which makes a problem as soon as -L/opt/local/lib is added by some cabal
package. But this can be fixed by adding -L/usr/lib as first argument to