Configuring specific packges in libraries/ during ghc build

Tyler Pirtle teeler at
Fri Mar 4 22:04:26 CET 2011

My toolchain is a little silly. ;)

It doesn't have ncurses in the obvious place, so by the time my build
gets around to doing libraries/terminfo,
the terminfo configure bails because it can't find the curses headers.

I can work around this, by building the library manually, but is there
an easy way for me to get a hold of
specific cabal options when calling specific packages during build?

"inplace/bin/ghc-cabal" configure
--enable-library-for-ghci --configure-option=CFLAGS="
-fno-stack-protector  " --configure-option=LDFLAGS="   "
--configure-option=CPPFLAGS="   " -- dist-install libraries/terminfo

I need to add some extra options to the configure command here.