Wiki page about new memcpy/memmove/memset primops need a home

austin seipp as at hacks.yi.org
Wed Jun 8 23:16:12 CEST 2011

Johan,

First, thanks for the new primops! :) While someone else may have a
better idea, I would simply suggest creating a wiki page at the
top-level namespace of the GHC wiki, and linking to it from the GHC
Commentary page. If we look at this page now and go to the
'contributed documentation' section it seems a large portion of the
3rd party written documentation is like this (my plugins page, Iavor's
type naturals work, etc):

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Commentary

So I'd make a page something like:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/MemcpyPrimops

and link to it.

If a top-level wiki page isn't to your liking, instead I'd rather
suggest you just put it under the 'Commentary' or
'Commentary/Compiler' namespaces, and link the same way. I know that
I, as an occasional patch contributor, always check this top-level
Commentary page for any random up to date notes on what people might
be working on or implementing or what they might need help with.

But whatever you do, looking at that page, it seems as if the
commentary could stand up for a good spring cleaning...

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I intend to write a short wiki page explaining the design and use of
> the new memcpy/memmove/memset primops we added recently. Where would
> be a good place to put such a page?
>
> Cheers,
> Johan

Regards,