Chris Dornan chris at
Fri Jul 29 18:51:23 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I am still having difficulty getting a plain GHC build with INTEGER_LIBRARY
= integer-simple. (I outlined my problem here yesterday
l> .)

I suspected my failure to get a vanilla build (with GMP) was a minor issue
with RHEL 5 and indeed a vanilla build of the the compiler  goes through no
problem on RHEL 6, producing a working 6.12.3 GHC installation.

But when I repeat with  INTEGER_LIBRARY = integer-simple (on quick test) I
get (the now familiar):

GHCi, version 6.12.3:  :? for help

ple- unknown symbol `base_ControlziExceptionziBase_patError_info'

RHEL 5 and 6 are very different development environments yet all my attempts
to build with a variety of source trees from 6.12.1 to 7.0.4 with
INTEGER_LIBRARY = integer-simple has ended here. There is clearly something
I am doing wrong! (Though it is difficult to see what.)

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this?

Is anybody else doing integer-simple builds?

It would be nice to get some info on the configurations that are working.

Thanks in advance!